Pre-founder Project, Fall 2018
Who is this for?
The selected pre-founders have four things in common:
1. Still working at a day-job or have just left
2. 5+ years of relevant work experience
3. Great at what they do (e.g. coding, design, sales, marketing or other disciplines...)
4. Thinking about starting or joining a strong tech company
What do you get?
During the Pre-Founder Project you will:
1. Have fun while meeting new people and potential co-founders with diverse skillsets and experiences.
2. Develop your or someone else’s idea and get closer to building something that people want.
3. Learn a lot about a startup’s first 12 months.
4. Raise €50K-350K of funding from us if everything goes like in Strömsö
Why Pre-Founder project?
Via Pre-founder Project you will get access to:
1. Experienced organizers with 100+ companies under their belts.
2. A strong community of hundreds of experts, just like you.
3. Meeting and getting insight from experienced investors and founders.
Icebreaker Pre-Founder Weekend
Sannäs Manor, Porvoo | Sep 21st–23rd
You will be surrounded by a diverse group of pre-founders and founders with strong experience from different fields.
You will get feedback from founders with valuable experience, have a chance to exchange ideas with peers and get insight from the Icebreaker.vc team.
Sannäs Manor in Porvoo is in the midst of a magnificent nature, but not too far from the city. The venue is unique: it was constructed in 1837 by baron Axel Gustav Mellin.
All expenses are covered. 💸 Our accommodation includes breakfasts, lunches and dinners, and offers the possibility to use the gym and sauna opportunities.
Sessions during the fall
Is my idea any f#%!ing good?
There are many ways to found successful companies, but some ideas get a head start because they have a better founder-idea fit. But how can you evaluate if your idea is a good fit for you? After this session, you will know.
How to select co-founders and build great teams
The components of a great founding team might not be the usual suspects. In this session we will help you to get to know where to start with recruiting co-founders and aiming high with your founding team.
First customers and growth
At the beginning, you should try to find your key customers and develop your product based on their needs. But how do you move on to the next stage? How do you find a sales model that serves you? This session will give you some answers and ideas.
Investors & Fundraising
Raising funding in pre-seed and seed stages can be hard if you don't know the basics. That is why in this session we will answer a few basic questions – such as how, when, how much and from whom.